Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's A Boy!!

We got a huge surprise of a call today. Our caseworker, Christy, called and I was hoping to find out when our court date is going to be. I did find that out; it is June 24th. She called to say that at our court appointment TODAY we passed and Moges' adoption was finalized. Yahhooooo! Now we are waiting to hear confirmation on when our appointment at the US Embassy in Addis Ababa will be. That is an appt that we will need to be at with Moges. Most likely we will have an appointment on July 13th!! That is 6 days before Moges will be 4 months old. We are elated to think of bringing this precious baby home so soon and not missing more time with him. Our minds are spinning with preperation thoughts of bottles, diapers, clothes and all that but we are praising the Lord in his goodness and even see his grace in us not knowing that today was the court date and not having that stress of anticipation. He even prompted me yesterday to put that post and refocus our prayer for a court date soon. I had no idea it was to be the next day!!

8 comments:

Matt said...

That's awesome! Congratulations.

The Redman's said...

WOW!!!!!! And to think you were waiting for the call to find out about when your court date would be. Praising God that you get to bring him home SOON!!!!!!

Carrie said...

WOW! God is good! What a wonderful surprise for you guys! I am so excited for you! Praises be!

Eastiopians said...

That is absolutely incredible! I love to hear of sweet surprises like this! It is almost unheard of to see a court date one month after referral these days...it was very common last year. I wish the entire system could manage this for everyone! But nonetheless, your little man deserves this and I am so happy for you all!!!!!!

Theresa

Unknown said...

Yeah, Hooray!

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! Congratulations! What wonderful news.

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for keeping your blog followers updated! What wonderful news! I am so excited for you and your family!!

Tisha Alexander said...

Hello!! It looks like we will be traveling together!! Our girls still need to pass their tb tests, but we are praying they will. :)

We also are a homeschooling family.

Have you gotten plane tickets yet?

Feel free to email me privately.
tishaalex00@Yahoo.com