Thursday, December 10, 2009
December 18 ~ Moges Michael Abbott forever
What is in a name? Well, quite a bit as we all know who have prayed and pondered over what to name each little blessing God has given us. Before we traveled to Ethiopia we decided to name Moges "Joseph Moges Abbott". Well, after travelling and coming home, and learning in the process that his name means "grace" we just haven't felt settled about his name. Yes, we sent out announcements that his name is Joseph Moges but here he is Moges, Mo, or MoMo. There is also a part of us that just doesn't want to take that cultural piece away of his given first name. So, Mike officially filed papers at the court today and we will have his court re-adoption on December 18th and he will forever be OUR Moges Michael Abbott. The perfect name for our blessing of a baby boy. His middle name is after the best man I know and it is also a name close to my heart since I have a brother named Michael who died when I was 6 and he was 11. Mo is our little gift of grace and we are so thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
His name is perfect!!! Congrats!! We still need to file for the readoption. We are so behind! :)
In response to your comment on my blog. Yes, we will be life long friends, I have no doubt!
Merry Christmas Abbott family...
Love the name! It is so Him.
great name. it seems to suit him so well. what a great meaning.
I love it. My Dad's name is Michael too; a perfect name. We call our Moses, Mo Mo too and Mosey and Mo...so fun.
Praying you have a blessed Christmas.
Post a Comment