Monday, January 4, 2010

Moges Walking?



Silas took this video today with his 5th generation ipod nano that he got for Christmas! : ) The outfit MoMo is wearing was Silas' when he was a baby ~ one of a few favorites that I had saved in a box.

I am trying to wrap my brain around the fact that it is 2010. 2009 was such an eventful year going from heartbreak to great rejoicing and blessing over a baby in the family. Mike and I hadn't planned on having another baby and God really took us by surprise with this turn of events. More times than I can count over the last 5 months, right after we get in bed Mike will say "a baby changes everything". It was true as first time parents and in a sense seems even more true this time around. MoMo has changed the whole dynamic of our family. Silas, Kate, and Maria simply adore him. We all sit around delighting in his babbling, crawling, playing, spitting, and now standing and walking with help.

Jesus truly is the one who gives us life in abundance and inspires Mike and I to do what we can to train our children well in love and grace. I think Jesus is using MoMo to draw each of us out of ourselves. I see 2010 as a year of growing closer as a family as we each grow closer with our Creator, Savior, and Redeemer.

3 comments:

Grandma Stories said...

Karin- you are such a great parent!! I love this vidio- how adorable. He is getting SOOO big!!! Isn't it amazing how babies mesmerize us... And your right...they do draw us to our creator as well. I think my children have grown me the most in my walk with the Lord. Cheryl

Tisha Alexander said...

Love this post! I am so glad that Moges has been such a positive addition to your family... what a blessing!!!

Carrie said...

Karin...thanks for your comments, I love that we share our Guat princesses and little boys from Ethiopia...Praying for you and your whole family.