Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Guatemalan Princess Maria

Thursdays are a gift. I have hours with all 3 kids at school so I get to go to the gym, meet friends, and get things done around the house ALONE. Amazing!! I love being a mom more than anything, yet I thirst for quiet time to catch up, dream and reflect. Today I went to the gym, bought a pair of shoes, and dusted my house. I get to have a shower Saturday for a dear friend who is becoming a mom by adopting a 2 year old boy. What a blessing!
Silas and I are thinking of sending out our blog site with our Christmas cards so this is just me figuring out how to blog! I think I will just keep a loose journal style and see if anything takes shape! So, we are hoping everyone can keep up to speed on our journey to adopt through Ethiopia here too. The day after Thanksgiving I mailed our whole dossier (all the paperwork required to adopt that we spent the last 4 months gathering) to All God's Children International. (AGCI - our agency). I know they received it and we are waiting for them to let us know if it all looks ok or what. If approved we will then begin the wait for a referral. We went down a similar road in 2004-05 that lead to the adoption of Maria from Guatemala. Definitely an adventure!
- Karin

No comments: