



I love mornings like this. I have already conquered by getting up at 4:50am to make it to the 5:15 Body Pump class at the gym. Then, got inspired by an amazing sunrise and had 30 good minutes of quiet time with my God and his Living Word. More days should start this way. During this wait for Samuel I am so aware of how much I need it to keep my heart and mind in the right place. I have a dear friend who is good at reminding me to set my mind on Jesus. I love this passage from the Message Bible in Luke 13:
Put your mind on your life with God. The way to life - to God! - is vigorous and requires your total attention.
I love it because I know that getting to God does not require a lot of work on my part (it is by faith, through grace, not my works!) but it does require vigorous work to keep my attention and my heart set there!
The pics represent current going-ons in the Abbott household:
~girls taking their aggressions out on pizza dough (yummy recipe from Mandy!)
~Maria has learned to scoot!
~girls each getting special time with daddy!
1 comment:
Have you read the book "There Is No Me Without You", by Melissa Fay Greene? My husband and I are reading it together...it is about an atypical "Foster" mother who cares for orphans on Ethiopia...very touching and gives a lot of insight into the lives, history, culture, politics and struggles of people in Ethiopia.
We should get together sometime :)!! I bet my Violet would LOVE to play with your girls!
Post a Comment