Thursday, March 5, 2009

Growing in the Wait











Waiting for Samuel is bringing back painful memories of our 10 month wait for Maria. (Dear Lord, please let us bring Samuel home much sooner than that!) It is the oddest experience to already be a mother to sweet little one and have all those motherly thoughts and emotions and yet to know that your sweet one is living in an orphanage in a far off land. It is reminding me to embrace my days with my kids here. The girls and I had some fun swing time on a recent spring like day. (come on Spring!!!) It was such a blessing to breath the fresh air with them and soak up some sunshine and see their girlish joy. I long to begin to share moments like that with Samuel. The kids and I have been having some sweet devotional times over breakfast. This morning we read some scripture that was a cool drink of water to my often weary soul.
~May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit ~ Romans 15:13
A familiar passage but especially hit the spot today! Lord give me trust, hope and joy in the wait!
My mind has spiralled downward a couple times as I try to wrap it around the thought of having a toddler in the house. On a recent trip to Target I aimlessly wandered around picking up a blue blanket here, sippy cup there, and a bib in the next isle. Then, replacing those items for others. What do I need? I ended up bringing home some fitted sheets for our crib (with brown and blue polka dots) and a booster seat. However, I returned the booster seat this morning after Mike and I were unable to assemble it!! Is that a sign that we are not ready for this?! Well, ready or not we just want to get that boy home!!
I spoke with our caseworker yesterday - no news - just waiting to hear our court date still.

2 comments:

dadoo said...

I am excited to start a new homemade pizza tradition with you.

dadoo said...

I am glad that you are my spice girl.