Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Cacooning"







Our adoption agency talked to us a lot about the idea of "cacooning" for the first few weeks or months home. With 3 older active kids that will be impossible once fall hits but we have taken it to heart for the remainder of our summer. We are staying home lots and just getting along together. We have had lovely days though I feel weary at times. Moges feels like a natural part of our family and it does my momma's heart so much good to see Silas, Kate and Maria love on him so well. So, here are some of our home "cacooning" pics. Life is full, beautiful, rich, and tiring but Mike and I know so well how truly blessed we are. Our early days of cacooning with Mike home were the best but he is back at work and the kids and I are figuring it out at home.

8 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Good for you guys! Great pics! What a sweet family you have! :)

Theresa

Tisha Alexander said...

KARIN!!!!!! I had no clue you had a blog. How did we NOT go over that? :) I love all the pictures and your children are beyond beautiful! I think of you often and I really like the name Joseph.

Paul and DeeDee said...

Karin,

Tisha gave me your blog! Your kids are so adorable!! I am so sorry I haven't contacted you since we got home, life has been CRAZY with two toddlers!! I do not know how you do it with 4!

Carrie said...

Great pictures, your children are precious! Glad things are going well!

Kristen said...

Karin,
What a beautiful picture of life in your home! Thank you for sharing. I hope I get to hug you in person soon....been thinking of you often.
Kristen

Anna Morrison said...

Still cheering you on from afar. You and your family inspire me. :)

Anonymous said...

loved seeing your faces before i turn in tonight. your doing a beautiful work karin abbott. your labor is not in vain. keep cacooning- swim in a sea of grace right now as you learn your little boy. you are blessed. i am blessed to know you- mandy

the story of a family said...

Karin,

My brother in law ran into you and your daughter a couple of weeks ago at Jeepers. We are a family that are also adopting a little boy from AGCI and received our referral about a week ago. We are living in NC now but both grew up in Wenatchee and our families still live there. Just thought I would touch base as our boys will have a lot in common.

Sarah
www.thestoryofafamily.blogspot.com