Thursday, February 12, 2009

Accepting Samuel

Yesterday we got all the signed, notarized, documented papers in the mail to formally "accept" the referral of Samuel. After AGCI gets it they will send more papers and we can learn more about the process from here. As far as we know the next thing will be a court date set in Ethiopia to go over our paperwork and approve us to move forward. I have been so distracted this week trying to finish up the paperwork and Mike had been forwarding emails to me about things he was finding about traveling to Ethiopia and from a nurse in his clinic who has adopted from Ethiopia. I discovered last night that an email that I thought I had sent to him (thinking he had forwarded it to me from the airline company) I had actually sent to the airline. It included my comment that there prices were not good along with a comment that I cannot wait to spend a weekend alone with him!!! Oooops! Just a nice example of my state of mind right now!
We continue to feel so excited about Samuel and the girls have been trying to convince me that there is room in their room for his crib. Silas says, no, he is a boy and needs his own room but since Mike and my room is on a different floor that Silas thinks he should have a monitor in his room for Samuel because he could get to him quicker in the night. Very sweet. In reality Samuel will sleep in our room at first and we will go from there!!

1 comment:

Anna Morrison said...

It is so exciting to read up on your adventures. Cute that you added your little oopsie. Oh well, someone knows that you really enjoy your hubby. Could be worse. :)